Tuesday, May 16, 2006

gah

to celebrate another one of my friends getting knocked up,

i mean, the miracle of bringing a new little life into the world,

(which is actually a good and wonderful thing, i don't mean to sound harsh)

i am making a little something. not that it's not taking effort. as a matter of fact, it's a good thing i have today and tomorrrow off.

it's pink. it's all baby-y and pastel.

i'm fretting about my color choices, my little plastic eye choice, my technique choies,

and then it occurs to me. this family is moving away; i will probably never see this child out of her infancy; the toy will probably get chewed on. or peed on. or worse, the latter, then the former.

i don't mind those things above, and thinking about them reminds me that it's okay if this little toy isn't the ultimate in perfection, and maybe white-with-little-hints-of-color will work out better than plain stark white after all.

i do really really hope my friend enjoys it (it's for her, after all), but now i don't have to stress so much about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home