Friday, July 14, 2006

Not quite

This is the part where I tell you that what I was going for with the chevron stripe idea was the old Missoni look from the 1960's and 70's. You know the one? With the psychotic, luridly multi-colored, nearly eye-numbing zigzag patterns? I guess a little bit like this

or like this (the cup)

and like these.


(All the above are actual Missoni patterns, by the way.)

My problem was that I had an image in my head and did not study the real thing before I got started. My stripes are far too regular and perhaps even too harmonious. They are staid and boring. Or is it that I just haven't gotten very far yet and so my photos are really zoomed-in on the pattern? I may frog back and do a little of that visual disruption thing, or maybe even just start doing it from here, seeing how there doesn't seem to be a true order to the way Missoni did it.

Things brings me to an interesting point. I used to think this pattern was so tacky. Now I find myself trying to mimic it in my knitting.

I don't know what else to say about that, so I'll just leave you with this image.



Comments?

4 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger rishi kiran said...


Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this site, because i want enjoyment, for
the reason that this this web site conations
Jio4GVoice app download

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Sholay said...

Thai Lotto 123 official website Magazine first paper last paper tips check here

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous download fb videos app said...

I found your post so interesting.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Learn everything about T20 World Cup Schedule 2020 including the venues, time table, dates and much more to stay updated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home