Monday, July 17, 2006

OMG

Sorry. I dislike that abbreviation too.

But you see, I was completely JOKING about the whole toilet paper cosy thing. As in, I was trying to think of the most inutile thing I could think of to knit. Does toilet paper really need to stay warm or look cuddly?

But OMG. They make them. And they're serious about them.

Suddenly I am paralyzed by a horrifying flashback of doll shaped crocheted toilet paper cosies in old ladies' houses from back in my childhood. The faint smell of rosewater and Pine Sol wafts in along with my memory. Yuck. Yeah, and I always thought those dolls were creepy weird. And they were always purple and white. How could I have forgotten?

Here's proof, I guess, that other kinds exist.




(images lifted from carol browne, jan-on-ice, and mk carroll)

and again.

OMG.

3 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Personally, I like the devilish one.

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot about the doll ones. I guess they were cute (for Grandma's house).

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Thérèse said...

CB? Can we knit the devlish one for D? That same red or even a darker wine-colour. Possibly with slight changes here and there.

But yeah. Can we co-knit it?

I think it would be funny.

And I think he might actually use it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home